Striving for safety excellence has to be every safety professional’s endeavor and aspiration.
This “must attend” Skyler Development Advanced Safety Leadership training course will provide you with powerful tools
that with effort will enable you to make an expeditious and comprehensive difference to your workplace’s safety culture on returning to the organization.
A combination of advanced ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking, new human applications and psychology will transform how you view and approach your future safety climate assignments.
If you are committed to safety excellence and you wish to be a world class agent for Safety Leadership then this Advanced Training Course is for you!
Skyler Development training course will feature:
- Safety Excellence, the ultimate (practically achievable?) objective to Zero
- Transactional, Transformational, Felt, Values-based Leadership
- Going beyond Behavior-Based Safety (BBS)
- Organizational and Environmental Risk, Threats and Impact Perspectives
- Advanced Accident Investigations & Reporting
- Actions, Beliefs & Consequences (ABC) – Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle for continual improvement
By the end of this Skyler Development training course, participants will be able to:
- Apply new leadership traits that can and will make the difference
- Understand Unsafe Acts vs. Unsafe Conditions, so avoiding the ‘Blame Game’
- Understand new and effective motivational and engagement techniques
- Develop your safety culture to spread as a person to person ‘virus’ under three interrelated aspects:
- Enhance your Safety and Risk Management leadership skills
Skyler Development Advanced Safety Leadership training course will utilize a variety of proven highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension
and retention of the information presented. This includes syndicate and individual exercises, relevant DVD and case studies and role-play exercises.
A comprehensive hard and e-version of the training course manual including copies of all slides, handouts and checklists will be provided.
Skyler Development Advanced training course will provide solutions for the whole workforce to adopt the latest systematic approaches in achieving the potentially achievable target of Zero.
- New psychological strategies for reducing Human Error
- Building a safer organization considering all the behavioral causation factors
- Providing a clearer understanding of how, why and what went wrong
- Identify potential deficiencies in your Major Hazards Risk program
- Pragmatic solutions to improve your SMS
Attendance with Skyler Development Advanced training course will enable Safety professionals to return to the organization equipped with boldness,
self-belief and a renewed confidence eager to engage and communicate.
- Learn how to direct your efforts to align safety with the business agenda
- How to motivate your workforce to join you on a journey to Zero
- How to ensure your colleagues go from “have to” to “want to”
- Learn new approaches for behavior, trust, mindfulness, values and leadership
- How to share the dedication to focus on zero (safety excellence) as the goal
Accident & Incident Causation Factors
- The Analysis of Accidents – Looking at the Facts, Figures & Costs
- Why do accidents still occur? – Human factors, triggers and consequences
- Conscious and Unconscious Influences within a Safety Culture
- The Bradley Curve and Four Stages of Mind-sets
- The ‘New ABC Model:’ Effective, Behavioral and Cognitive Psychology
- Understand the Psychology Behind Human Behavior and Learn how to apply pragmatic solutions to improve your SMS
Safety Management in Major Hazard Industries
- Major Hazards and Prevention
- Occupational Safety, Process Safety and Asset Risk Management
- FTA and ETA
- Bow Ties
- Emergency Response Plans, Mutual Aid, On and Off -Site Consequences
- Inspection and Auditing
Improve Leadership and Communication skills
- Enhancing your Leadership Capabilities through Increased Self-awareness
- Analyze Your Communication Strategies and Social Performance
- Communication Campaigns and Stakeholder Engagement
- ‘Have to’ or ‘Want to’? Generating Real Desire for Safety
- Varying Leadership Skills for Varying Scenarios
Advanced Accident Investigation and Reporting
- All Incidents (including near misses) are thoroughly and professionally investigated by a trained and confident team
- Role of HSE Team Leader and Management during an Investigation
- Investigation Methodology – the Essential Checklist & Process
- Listen and Learn, and Learn to Look and Listen More!
- Report Writing Techniques which will ‘persuade’ and ‘empower’ Actions
Organizational & Environmental Risk, Threat & Impact
- Understanding the Impact of Change or Major Incidents on the Organization
- Strategic Crisis and Emergency Management in a Resilience framework
- Strategic Risk and Risk Behavior
- Identify and Manage Current and Future Threats to Your Business
- Take a Proactive Approach to Minimizing the Impact of Incidents
- Keep Critical Functions Up and Running During Times of Change and Crises
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
HSE Manager and Advisors
Those persons responsible for leading safety within an organization of a global region or local levels.
Those seeking new concepts in aiming for zero exposure to workplace accidents, incidents,
illness and injuries as well as others that are interested in developing safety leadership skills from tomorrow’s best practices