Boost your emotional intelligence … enhance your workplace relationships … and turbo-charge your career!
There’s a lot of buzz centered around emotional intelligence in the workplace right now, and with good reason. Cutting-edge research into emotional intelligence has shown that it plays a critical role in higher productivity, performance and job satisfaction. People who have a high level of emotional intelligence are more confident, more capable and earn greater respect from their colleagues. They are also better able to stay calm, flexible and focused when workplace crises hit and panic threatens to set in.
▼ The Definition of Intelligence
- How to define intelligence: What determines a high IQ?
- Key characteristics of emotional intelligence
▼ Self-Awareness and Emotional Intelligence
- Your personal style and how it affects your relationships with others
- Extravert, introvert, thinker, feeler — where do you fall among these four commonly recognized personality traits?
- How do your preferences impact your effectiveness with other people?
- Self-awareness: the first key step in developing a higher EQ
- The Self-Assessment Checklist will help you determine your current emotional intelligence
- The undeniable benefits of improved emotional intelligence
- How to seek feedback to improve your self-awareness
▼ Self-Control and Managing Emotions
- How your right brain and left brain work together — and against each other — to affect your emotional reactions
- Leadership and emotional intelligence: how they are related
- Beliefs and their incredible effect on your emotions and behaviors
- How to handle irrational thinking and overcome negative emotions
▼ Attitude and Motivation
- Techniques to identify your opportunities to grow and move forward
- Attitude, ability and motivation … how emotions affect them all
- How to use motivation to overcome the negative thoughts that hold us back
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs Motivation Model — What’s affecting your aims and drives?
- Optimism and pessimism — the role they play in your successes and failures
- Attitude adjustment: How to change your attitude from negative to positive (it can be done!)
- Set SMART goals to develop professionally and personally
▼ Social Competency: Enhance Your Ability to Understand and Influence Others
- The importance of empathy in communicating, understanding, listening, establishing rapport and relationship building
- The role of establishing rapport in building relationships
- Are you politically aware? Political savvy and its place in your professional success
- Keys to communicating effectively with all types of personalities
- How to master the art of listening and hear what’s not being said
- Body language: How your nonverbal cues affect the message you’re trying to send — and how to interpret what others are saying with their body language
- How to adapt your voice to convey the message you really mean
- Ways to use EQ for team-building: competencies of high-performing teams and their members
- Dimensions of emotional intelligence: an action plan for the future