This interactive leadership training course will enable professionals to understand and develop the key competencies they require to function efficiently and effectively at the three levels of organizational leadership: strategic, operational, and tactical. There are fundamental principles that apply to leadership, but there are also crucial differences between strategic, operational, and tactical leadership. Leaders at all levels must understand these so they can adapt the substance and style of their leadership to the situation and the people they are leading. They must also know how to integrate these leadership approaches into an integrated whole so the organization can grow and achieve outstanding success.
Skyler Development training course will feature:
- The fundamental principles common to all types of leadership, and the characteristics proper to strategic, operational, and tactical leadership
- Strategic leadership: Formulating and communicating the vision, mission, objectives and strategy of the organization
- Operational leadership: Creating and leading the systems, structures, processes, and resources to achieve the strategic goals and create winning conditions for tactical leaders
- Tactical leadership: Front-line leadership and team influence to achieve the organization’s mission, vision, and goals
- Selection and maintenance of the aim: Determining and communicating one’s vision and mission and their relation to intrinsic motivation, initiative, and transformational leadership at all levels of the business
What are the Goals?
By the end of Skyler Development training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and apply the leadership system and the leadership development framework
- Exercise effective front-line leadership to achieve the organization’s vision, mission, and goals
- Implement strategy by creating winning conditions for tactical leaders
- Formulate and communicate a compelling vision, mission, objectives and plans for the team or organization
- Create a visionary, strategy-based organization
Who is this Training Course for?
Executives, Entrepreneurs, and Managers who must build and lead dynamic and high-performance teams and organizations in highly demanding, competitive conditions are encouraged to attend this training course.
Skyler Development training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Line and functional managers, team leaders and supervisors in organizations of all sizes
- Professionals responsible for strategy, marketing, business development, production, operations, HR, and/or product development
- Intermediate and advanced level managers, team leaders and supervisors within all sectors, private and public, profit and not-for-profit
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes speaker input, facilitated discussion, syndicate work and practical exercises, videos, self-tests, all with an emphasis on delegate involvement throughout.
The Course Content
Day One: Understanding the Leadership System and Leadership Development Framework
- Characteristics, commonalities, and differences of strategic, operational, and tactical leadership
- The relationship of the Leadership System to the Planning and Execution Framework
- Influence and motivation in a dynamic and competitive environment
- Leadership Development Framework: Understanding and applying action-logics and the stages of leadership development
- Relating the leadership development stages to strategic, operational, and tactical leadership
Day Two: Tactical Leadership: Front-line Leadership to Achieve the Organization’s Mission, Vision, and Goals
- Characteristics and requirements of tactical leaders
- Expertise and technical competence as the basis of tactical leadership
- Leading from the front & setting the example
- Coaching and mentoring
- Developing others
- Supervision, assessment, and feedback
Day Three: Operational Leadership: Implementing the Strategy by Creating Winning Conditions for Tactical Leaders
- Characteristics and requirements of operational-level leaders
- Leading the institution and organization, not just people
- Leading departments, divisions, and functions
- Cross-departmental leadership, cooperation, and influence
- Advising the top leadership
- Staff vs. line leadership
Day Four: Strategic Leadership: Formulating and Communicating Vision, Mission, Objectives, and Strategy
- Characteristics and requirements of strategic leaders
- Strategic leadership of external stakeholders
- Strategic leadership of internal stakeholders
- When to micromanage
- Creating a strategy from the top down
Day Five: Putting it all together: Creating a Visionary and Strategy-Based Organization
- What is visionary leadership and how does it relate to strategic leadership?
- Creating a culture of vision, strategy and initiative, at all levels and throughout the organization
- Creating a collaborative vision and strategy