People are any organization’s most valuable and most expensive asset and it is therefore vital that to ensure high performance the most talented and able people are employed. Recruiting staff is a very costly exercise but when organizations choose the right people for the job, train them well and treat them appropriately, these people not only produce good results but also tend to stay with the organization longer.
An organization may have all of the latest technology and the best physical resources, but if it does not have the right people it will struggle to achieve the results it requires. Poor choices at the recruitment stage can prove expensive and this 2-day GLOMACS Recruitment & Selection Workshop will guide delegates in attracting and selecting the ‘right’ people.
Skyler Development workshop will feature:
- The Importance of Writing Effective People Specifications
- Reaching the Active and Passive Job Seekers
- Selection Techniques
- Interview Skills
- Decision Making
By the end of Skyler Development workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key skills of a job
- Use social media and conventional advertising
- Choose appropriate shortlisting and selection techniques
- Prepare and conduct effective interviews
- Make selections based on evidence
Skyler Development Recruitment & Selection Workshop will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a range of practical exercises and simulated interview situations, group discussions and self-report questionnaires.
Who Should Attend?
Skyler Development Recruitment & Selection Workshop will be invaluable to newly promoted line managers who are key to the process and to less experienced HR Professionals. This workshop is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- HR Business Partners
- Supervisors and Team Leaders
- Line Managers interested in updating and refreshing their skills
Attracting Talented Candidates
- Understanding the Market and Operating Environment
- Job Analysis and Person Specifications
- Using Social Media
- Employer of Choice Strategy
- Employees as Ambassadors
- The Website as Recruitment Medium
Selection Methods and Decisions
- Shortlisting and Self- selection
- Reading beyond the C.V.
- Psychometric Testing
- Interview Preparation
- Interview Skills
Objective and Bias-free Decision Making