Skyler Development Strategic Event Management training seminar will take your events programs to the next level building your brand and reputation in line with corporate objectives.
Getting the right mix of events with the right design values and consistent messaging to the right audiences is key. But what are the ‘right’ decisions?
Being correctly positioned at key industry conferences and exhibitions is important for brand visibility and positioning.
Courting the right guests at your social events builds influence plus, every event needs to be well planned and organized.
Lack of attention to a critical detail could result in your event being talked about for all the wrong reasons with damage to your brand and reputation.
Skyler Development seminar will highlight:
- Selecting the right events for your purpose spreading risk across many events, so that success won’t depend on one event alone
- The cumulative building of key messages and brand values with key stakeholders
- Master planning, hosting and following-up like a world-class professional
- Building capability, a trusted suppliers list and infrastructure across events
- The skills of the perfect host and media spokesperson
At the end of t Skyler Development raining seminar, delegates will be able to:
- Plan a program of events to support and deliver the corporate strategy
- Select from a range of events and know how to deliver each type
- Schedule and plan each event within budget and deadlines
- Identify the most appropriate venues and activities for your events
- Manage VIPs and the media with confidence
- Troubleshoot plans to solve potential problems before they emerge
Skyler Development training will be delivered through a combination of presentations, group discussion and group exercises.
Delegates will be encouraged to ask questions as the training progresses relevant to their own backgrounds and company requirements.
Skyler Development training seminar will culminate in a group exercise in which delegates will have an opportunity to apply what has been discussed over the training days.
- Greater value from the complete range of events
- More focused events to build and maintain reputation
- More memorable events aimed at the right people
- An in-house resource capable of organizing events directly or outsourcing wisely
- Staff better informed to provide project oversight of event suppliers
- Staff capable of ensuring tight budgetary and scheduling control over events
- Increased confidence to tackle event planning / management across a program
- A method to make decisions about the best type and format of event to employ
- Greater understanding of the processes involved in event management
- An understanding of the main elements in event organization
- More focused activity aided by thorough checklists and manuals
- Better time management facilitating the opportunity for greater creativity
Who Should Attend?
Skyler Development training seminar is relevant to anyone likely to have responsibility for the delivery of events for the organization
but new to the concepts and practicalities of this facet of communications.
- Staff tasked with event delivery
- Middle and senior managers tasked with the direct delivery of events or oversight of specialist sub-contractors
- Senior operational managers with responsibility for managing teams whose role includes event management
- Senior managers up to Board level with responsibility for the strategic use of events as part of the organization’s PR and marketing strategy and their effective deployment
The Role of Events in your Corporate Strategy
- Analyzing your Corporate Strategy and Plans to develop an Event Strategy
- Assessing your Needs
- The Importance of Clarity of Purpose and Audience Needs Analysis
- Choosing the Right Events to Fit the Objectives
- Budget – Staff, Time, Materials Money
- Creating an Event Management Plan
- Venue Choice and Suitability Assessment
Event Planning: The Theory and Practice
- The Importance of Messaging
- Developing your Corporate Story
- Brand and its Expression in your Event Concept
- Consistent Messaging and Tone across Events
- Sponsorship and Long-term Partnership / Alliances
- Event Promotion and Marketing
- Scheduling – The Long-term Plan
- Building up your Palette of Equipment, Staging and Brand Collateral
- Contracting and Managing a Suppliers List to Deliver your Plan
- Flawless and Consistent Contracting that omits No detail
- Managing Suppliers on Site
- Entertainers, Speakers and Hosts – Selection, Briefing and Support
- Exhibitions and Displays
Invitations, VIPs and Hospitality
- Developing your Social Engagement List of VIP Stakeholders
- Briefing your Team and Senior Managers, Speakers and Honorees
- Working with VIPs, their Diaries and Social Teams
- Hosting, Greeting, Farewell and Follow-up
- Creating Mementoes and Publicity Collateral
- Planning for every Contingency
- Staying Safe – Risk Assessment and Events
Bringing it All Together
- Managing the Media across your Program Press Releases, Packs and Gifts
- Conducting Interviews and Briefing Interviewees to Build Messages
- Photography and Videography as a Cumulative Record – Developing ‘B’ Roll
- Social Media and Remote Event Additions to Enhance Coverage
- Evaluating Each Event’s Success