All managers need to understand and deal with the major changes that are taking place in markets, technologies, competition and risk – plus the over-arching influence of globalization.
These changes are affecting organizations of all types and sizes.
Strategy and strategic planning are the activities that enable managers to create the successful organization of the future.
To achieve this a strategic planning team must understand how to use all the resources available to the organization in such a way as to
(a) cope with continuous development of the business environment, (b) secure competitive performance through effective analysis and planning,
(c) prioritize change, and (d) align and implement the activities that form the strategic plan.
All this demonstrates why an understanding of business strategy is vital to all managers in every sector of business.
Skyler Development training seminar will highlight:
- Learning how to apply leading-edge thinking in strategic analysis / planning
- Evaluating the choices faced by any organization in developing the future
- Producing a strategic plan that serves as a road map for action
- Understanding best practice in implementing strategic programs and projects
- Designing an effective linkage between strategic management and operational management
At the end of Skyler Development training Seminar, you will learn to:
- Leverage the value of strategy and strategic planning
- Design a strategic planning process for your organization
- Analyze options and make robust choices in setting goals and objectives
- Take full advantage of the opportunities of globalization
- Lead effective change within your part of your organization
Skyler Development Strategy & Strategic Planning training process is based on a carefully planned combination of highly focused tutor input,
using a balanced set of state-of-the-art learning mechanisms. The emphasis will be on studying real organizations making major strategic decisions.
Above all, the principles and approaches to strategy and strategic management will be illustrated by reference to real-life organizations
with which the training seminar leader has been personally involved. We will use the following training methods.
- Presentations by the seminar leader, including case examples
- Group work on case studies based on analysis, interaction and discussion
- Presentations by subject experts on aspects of strategy, strategic planning and organizational change
- Focused problem-solving exercises, including “outside the box” thinking
- Decision analysis in different strategic and competitive conditions
In sending delegates to Skyler Development training seminar, the organization will gain the following benefits:
- Better decision-making and time / resource allocation – leading to improved organizational performance
- Introduction of strategic thinking into all levels of the organization
- Top management having more confidence in the decisions of its staff
- An improved approach to planning at strategic and operational levels
- Sharply focused views on the extent and direction of change required for success
- More effective programs and project implementation by managers
In attending Skyler Development training seminar, delegates will acquire the following skills and competencies:
- Improved career flexibility and prospects
- Accelerated thinking speed and problem resolution
- Detailed understanding of the strategic impact of individual specialisms
- Improved leadership and teamworking capabilities
- Innovative approaches in ensuring the most effective impact of individual specialisms
- Understanding of best practice in strategic planning and how to apply this
Who Should Attend?
Skyler Development Strategy & Strategic Planning training seminar is designed for experienced professionals from any industry and any
specialization who wish to gain a broader appreciation of the dynamics of business development and develop their personal roles in creating the future for their organization.
In the past our delegates have included the following:
- Specialists in Marketing and Business Development
- Experienced Managers / Leaders in Finance and Accounting
- Specialists in Production and Operations Management
- Scientists in Research and Development
- Logistics and Distribution Specialists
Strategic Thinking and External Analysis
- Definitions of Strategy and Strategic Planning
- Why are Strategy and Strategic Planning important?
- Understanding the Main Frameworks for Strategic Analysis
- Private and Public Sector Strategies – similarities and differences
- External Analysis – understanding and analyzing business attractiveness
- Analyzing Customers and Benchmarking your own Strategic Position
- How Attractive is the Game that we have chosen to Play?
Internal Analysis and Fusion into Strategic Choice
- The Interface and Balance of External and Internal Analysis
- Internal Analysis: Financial
- Internal Analysis: Non-financial
- The Concept and Practicalities of the “Balanced Scorecard”
- Diagnosing and Analyzing Strategic Problems and Opportunities
- Fusion of Analysis into Strategic choices – SWOT and The Strategy Matrix
- How well are we playing the game that we have chosen to play?
Strategic Plans and the Relevance of Alliances and Joint Ventures
- Review of The Tools Used So Far
- The Content of a Strategy: Avoiding “Paralysis by Analysis”
- Putting a Strategic Plan together – The 5-Page Framework
- A Real-life Example of a Business Strategy / Strategic Plan
- Strategies for Alliances and Joint Ventures
- Management of Alliances and Joint Ventures
- Examples of Best Practice in Alliances and Joint Ventures
Global Strategy, Team Building and the Management of Internal Communication
- The Essence of Globalization and Global Strategy
- Globalization – The Strategic Dimension
- Globalization – The Organizational Dimension
- Globalization – The Human Dimension
- How to Build and Manage a Strategic Planning Team
- Communicating Strategy through the Organization
- Gaining your team’s commitment and buy-in to the Strategy
Strategic Implementation and Getting the Value out of Strategy
- Alignment of Strategy, Culture, Structure and People
- Effective Execution – converting strategic analysis and planning into action
- Aligning and Linking Strategy with Operational Objectives
- Implementation – getting practical things done
- Creating Tomorrow’s Organization out of Today’s Organization
- Strategic Planning at a Personal Level
- Overview: The Complete Strategy Process
- Summary and Conclusions – The Corporate and Individual value of Strategic Planning